Team Lead- Architect
The Software Engineering Team Lead and Architect is a dual role that is responsible for overseeing a scrum team and providing all architectural support that team needs.
The team lead portion of this role will consist of working with either US based or overseas based teams to guide and mentor them and to be the technical face of the team for the majority of client interactions. Note, since these are self-organizing scrum teams this role will not be to directly project manage day to day work but to simply help remove impediments and facilitate the team’s success.
For the architectural portion this position will work closely with their team to identify any work that requires architectural input and will work with various business units to provide technical detail ahead of the team’s sprint start date. In addition, this role will be responsible for some software development from time to time.
This role will work on both product development and client specific implementation work. There will be a need for direct client involvement at times, primarily in working directly with technical teams of our clients.
- Provide day to day managerial oversight of a scrum team
- Work closely with the scrum team to remove impediments in order to help them achieve their self-committed sprint goals
- Provide architectural solutions including diagrams, technical documentation, and other artifacts required to enable scrum teams to complete work
- Facilitate and coach the proper use of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Estimate, design, develop, test, debug, document, and deliver multi-tier high-quality SaaS solutions built on the Microsoft technology stack including Visual Studio, .NET, MVC, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server
- Create and maintain technical documentation for product development and client specific implementation work
- Mentoring of Engineers, both domestic and overseas
- Continuously explore, understand, and drive usage of latest technologies that can extend the capabilities of Colibrium
- Drive process improvements throughout the software development life cycle
- Employ and contribute to the continuous improvement of Colibrium SDLC methodology, project standards and process to ensure software development best practices
- Author technical documents during development efforts to ensure quality and compliance with standards and client SOWs
- Collaborate with the client and internal teams to resolve issues and fixes in accordance with established service level agreements
- Work with clients to review and evolve technical solutions for implementation efforts
- Facilitate innovation and continuous process improvement
- A strong internal drive for pursuing continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5-10 years of experience with C#, SQL Server, and web technologies
- Highly proficient with
- Scrum / Agile
- . NET framework (3.5/4.0)
- ASP.NET framework
- C# programming language
- Web service architecture and .NET web service programming techniques
- T-SQL programming language and stored procedure authoring
- Experience operating in an Agile / Scrum team, preferably in a Scrum Master role
- Ability to work as part of a scrum team, with a specific eye towards helping the team remove impediments as the technical stakeholder
- Demonstrated ability to break down ambiguous, complex problems and create high-quality, innovative, and clean technical solutions
- Organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills with a focus on detail and quality
- Action oriented and a team player with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic organization
- Experience in providing mentorship for other Engineers a plus
- Understanding of common health insurance business processes is a plus
- Certifications for Scrum / Agile methodologies and/or experience in playing a Scrum Master role is a huge plus.
We work hard but play hard too. Whether you are in our Atlanta GA headquarters, enjoying 22nd floor views overlooking Buckhead, in Charleston SC soaking up the sea breeze, or in a remote location you’ll be part of a team that enjoys developing stellar software all while shooting each other with Nerf guns, building with Legos, and hanging out as a team. We have regular work from home days but while in the office the dress is casual all day, every day. We have a fully stocked break room, flexible hours, 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees, 401k with company match, a generous time off package, and regular bonuses and incentives.