Payroll & Benefits Specialist
This position will perform work of a confidential and complex nature with proficiency on various administrative and human resources initiatives. The individual will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and processing of Payroll, Benefits Management & HR Operations (onboarding/offboarding, compliance) as well as perform the Office Management role.
- Responsible for preparation and processing of semi-monthly US payroll using ADP including validation of all inputs to employee payroll files.
- Data entry including new hires, terms, bonuses, commissions, leaves of absence, payroll calculations, and deductions.
- Coordinate, reconcile and review payroll processed by ADP.
- Process tax changes, direct deposits, loan repayments, deduction goals, retroactive adjustments, prorated payments, special pays, etc
- Understand proper taxation and deduction for compliance with the federal and state taxes.
- Preparation of 401k submission to third party administrator.
- Review and reconcile payroll deductions and contributions.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, etc)
- Manage annual renewals and open enrollment planning, identifying and recommending changes/enhancements to the benefit offerings and cost-sharing as appropriate.
- Handle employee inquiries and onboarding, claims assistance, benefits survey completion, benefits eligibility, billing, COBRA, and leave of absences administration.
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding eg termination and severance letter preparation.
- Work with vendors and act as single point of contact for vendor inquiries.
- Oversee Office: ordering supplies, opening office, maintenance of the office, organizing events
Ø BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
Ø Minimum of 3 year of experience in Payroll & Benefits Management
Ø ADP experience a plus
Ø Strong working knowledge of US state and federal laws governing benefit plans
Ø Ability to build rapport with all employees
Ø Strong organizational skills
Ø Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ø Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
We have an awesome team that enjoys some great perks:
· 22nd floor views at Tower Place overlooking Buckhead
· Casual dress all-day, everyday (save on dry cleaning!)
· Fully stocked break room – free snacks and drinks!
· Flexible hours
· Work from home Fridays
· Medical health benefits
· Paid dental and vision benefits for the employee
· 401k with company match
· Generous Paid Time Off package