Lead Test Engineer
The Lead Software Test Engineer is responsible for working to oversee the general testing principles and practices used throughout the company. This will include working with both onshore and offshore teams to ensure that the right processes, tools, and reporting is in place to ensure a high level of quality for all of our applications. This role will be essential for driving our test automation practices across the entire organization.
This role will work on both product development and client specific implementation work. There will be a need for direct client involvement at times, primarily in working directly with technical teams of our clients, however this will mostly be an internally facing role.
- Define and drive attainment of vision for test architecture, systems, and processes
- Mentor teams to ensure constant growth
- Constantly improve quality
- Analyze, design, and maintain test cases, approaches, and plans
- Facilitate the use of automated testing at the unit, functional, integration, and system testing levels
- Ensure that all work for the scrum team for each sprint is thoroughly tested and certified as production ready by the end of each sprint
- Maintain metrics around defects and provide a first line of triage for support of features previously released by the team
- Support continuous improvement of testing processes and protocols
- Continuously explore, understand, and drive usage of latest technologies that can extend the capabilities of Colibrium
- Employ and contribute to the continuous improvement of Colibrium SDLC methodology, project standards and process to ensure software development best practices
- Collaborate with the client and internal teams to resolve issues and fixes in accordance with established service level agreements
- A strong internal drive for pursuing continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience with C#, SQL Server, and web technologies
- 5-10 years of experience in a testing role, preferably with a heavy automation component
- 5+ years leading teams, with a preference on leading test engineers in either a direct or matrixed manner
- Highly proficient with test management and test automation tools
- Experience operating in an Agile / Scrum team
- Demonstrated ability to break down ambiguous, complex problems and create high-quality, innovative, and clean technical solutions
- Organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills with a focus on detail and quality
- Action oriented and a team player with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic organization
- Experience in providing mentorship for other Test Engineers a plus
- Experience with security or performance testing is a plus
- Understanding of common health insurance business processes is a plus
We are building a world class team that is looking to truly revolutionize the healthcare industry. This is a fast paced but well balanced environment that is well established but still operates much like a startup. Our team is comprised of people that truly want to make a difference in the world and are constantly pushing the edge of innovation. This is an environment where every team member has a big impact on the success of the company and where career growth is truly only limited by an individual’s personal limits.
We work hard but play hard too. Whether you are in our Atlanta GA headquarters, enjoying 22nd floor views overlooking Buckhead, in Charleston SC soaking up the sea breeze, or in a remote location you’ll be part of a team that enjoys developing stellar software all while shooting each other with Nerf guns, building with Legos, and hanging out as a team. We have regular work from home days but while in the office the dress is casual all day, every day. We have a fully stocked break room, flexible hours, 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees, 401k with company match, a generous time off package, and regular bonuses and incentives.